I am back.
I plan to stay back for a while.
I think. I like blogger, and mostly no one knows about it, so I can actually be honest. What a concept!
Okay, here's a brief rundown of things that have happened since March.
A. June 6th. I passed high school and graduated. barely.
B. June 8th. I flew to Dallas, Texas and drove to Garden Valley, Tx. for my MA training the day after I graduated.
C. June 13th. I Flew to Johannesburg, South Africa, and then on to Lusaka, Zambia.
so much happened in between the next two dates, I feel they requre their own list/story after this list.
D. Aug. 4th. Returned home from a 7 week stay in Southern Africa. Ouch, my heart hurts.
A lot.
E. Aug. 10th-ish. Got 2 new jobs, started to get ready for college, and finally got some rest and caught up on 2 months of exhaustion.
F. Aug. 26th. Started college @ CSUMB.
G. Today. Well, nothing exciting.
I love reconnecting with old friends. It makes me so happy on the inside.
Okay, so as promised, heres a few quick lists of things that have happened in Africa.
I met kids who have lost parents and experienced pain that I could never ever understand.
I loved kids who I had to leave.
I wonder what happened.
Traveled.
Saw people, places and things that were broken beyond repair.
My heart was broken beyond repair.
I saw people healed of diseases.
and I still doubt.
still.
I left 2 families behind, in places that were less than ideal. Most never to been seen or heard from again.
I try to adjust back, but I really just cant.
I belong there.
Theres not much I can do about that.
2 comments:
hi Aaron,
i'm glad you got to visit this great continent of Africa and that it has jolted you a bit. it isn't easy, but it will eventually give you insight because you have seen more of the bigger picture of the world. i would encourage you to keep travelling. and to also take time to appreciate the smiles, the hospitality, the beauty that is also present even in the smallest mud hut, somehow! don't let cynicism drown you. there is much to be grateful for and there are many things north americans need to become aware of to better create justice and peace in this world.
good luck with school!
bethany
<3
Your writing is so good...wow.
Post a Comment